Why the apartment gets so cold after you disable the Central heating?
This question arises in most people especially in the off-season, when the battery is already cold, and the temperature outside the window is quite low.
The answer to this question is obvious - it is necessary to increase the thickness of the exterior walls to maximize heat retention in the apartment.
Non-insulated facade not only brings discomfort in thermal performance, but also contributes to the increase of humidity in the apartment that later lead to the appearance of mold.
Option protect the home from heat loss
What is the "additional wall insulation"?
In the process - insulation of facades in Kiev, the walls, an additional layer of insulating material. Residents of multi-storey structures in advance to worry about insulation, pay heating bills 50% lower than their neighbors. Summer of space with additional insulation does not overheat.
Warm in winter and cool in summer is a major plus walls with extra insulation.
Actually advantages in insulation in the walls much more, among them:
- it solves the problem of sealing joints and increases the level of sound insulation;
- the walls acquire a good water-repellent characteristics;
- the insulation contributes to the good economy accounts for energy resources;
- obstacle to the destruction of the facade;
- get to achieve substantial protection from symptoms of mold, due to the rapid drying moisture due to the good thermal insulation;
- improving visual perception "killed" facades. A skillful approach is able to transform the building and attract the attention of passers-by.
Which option to choose?
Thermal insulation of walls can be considered a typical "medicine" from the cold. It remains only to decide.
Heat insulation of walls can be carried out externally and internally. These two methods are perfectly cope with the tasks, but between them there are some differences.
Exterior insulation has many positive aspects:
- increases durability of bearing structures;
- provides a good level of vapour permeability;
- saved floor space.
An external method can be put on the first place in terms of heat conservation, especially in the off-season. Walls with insulation cool down 7 times slower.
However, there are cases where the internal insulation can be called almost the only option to ensure a comfortable indoor climate. These include the historic building, decorated with sculptures and various moldings. Internal insulation is perfect for insulating walls on the inside.
What material to stay
* Foam is the most popular material used for external insulation of the house. Has good heat insulating and sound insulating properties. However, it is quite fragile and flammable.
* Polystyrene is a synthetic material similar in composition to the foam. Has a low thermal conductivity, durability and resistance to deformation.
However, its high cost and low soundproofing are the main cons when choosing the material.
Insulating walls, do not forget that the heat from the house can escape through Windows, roof and floors, especially the apartments on the first and last floor. That is why you should care about the insulation of these elements and then the discomfort in the home can be forgotten.